Aren't these hedgehogs too cute.... This is a stamper's dream. It takes a bit to complete, but so worth it! This stamp set is from the Occasions catalog that will be ending May 31st!!!
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for your stamping scene.
2. Using Soft Sued Ink, stamp the two hedgehogs near the bottom of your card front.
3. Using the Chocolate Chip marker, add stripe grass to the bottom area of the card. Next fill in with Garden Green and Lemon Lime Twist.
4. Using Real Red ink, stamp the mushroom trio on the left and right of the hedgehogs. (you don't see any on the right because I messed up that part so I cut it off!).
5. Using the Garden Green marker, go over the "red" grass...
6. Using the Calypso Coral marker, color in the flower.
7. using the Ivory Blends marker,CAREFULLY color in the body of the hedgehogs and the mushrooms. Use a light touch and you won't have a problem with bleeding.
8. Mount your bird branch stamp and turn it upside down. Using your markers color the brand in chocolate chip, the leaves in garden green and the bird in pacific point. After stamping, add a bit of detail to the stamped image with the markers.
9. Using the soft sky ink, and a water brush, start at the bottom by the grass and brush on soft sky taking the color up to the top so it fades. BE CAREFUL as this is not watercolor paper and may pill. Let your piece dry!
10. Using Basic Black ink, stamp the sentiment at the top.
11. Using a black marker, I colored in the "v" spaces left white on the hedgehogs and their eyes.
12. Using either Pink Pirouette or Blushing Bride markers, add a pink cheek to each hedgehog.
13. I added some black spritzing with the marker as I had some smudges.....
14. Mount the smaller flower stamp and turn it upside down. Color the flowers with Calypso Coral and the stems in Garden green. Stamp this on the inside of your Calypso Coral card base from the Tutti-Fruitti cards and envelopes pack, in the lower left corner.
15. Cut your stamped card front down to your liking. Measure your card front. Add 1/8" to each measurement for the size of the black layer.
16. Next add 1/4" to each measurement from the black layer to cut your Lemon Lime Twist layer.
17. Using Fast Fuse, glue the card front to the black layer and then glue that to the Lemon Lime Twist layer.
18. Add dimensional to that layer and adhere it to your card front.
You are done!!