Accented Blooms is a great stamp set if you don't already have tons of floral stamps (which I do). I really love this look, but could not justify purchasing ANOTHER floral stamp set. So I used what I already had... I used the recently retired Birthday Blooms set with the greeting from Perennial Birthday and the Tailored Tag Punch to make a card...
I think this card turned out better than I could have hoped for...
Armed with some Post-It Notes, I set out with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and started stamping.
First I punched the Tailored Tag from a scrap of paper. Next I traced it on another scrap and added a 1/8" boarder to the outside to make it slightly bigger to accommodate the mat I new I wanted. I cut that out and then traced it on a post-it for my mask.
Placing the mask to the right of the center and just slightly closer to the bottom, I stamped the large flower. Next I used the single stem flower and added that in the upper left corner. You will either need to make another mask for the large flower or do as I did and just eyeball placing another post-it over the area where I didn't want the stem. Next I added a few more post it to cover the rest of my large flower (I should have just cut another mask). I inked up the smaller flowers in the stamp and used those to add some more above the mask for the tag to help fill the space. I tried several different versions before deciding on what I liked. Once I had that all stamped, I started the rest of the work...
Using an aqua pen and my new inks I started water coloring the flowers and leaves.
1. With Pear Pizzazz ink, color all the leaves and stems. Don't worry about getting detailed, just cover the areas with color.
2. For the flowers I used 4 different colors as I made 4 different cards. Highland Heather, Flirty Flamingo, Balmy Blue and Grapefruit Grove. Do the same as with the leaves and stems, just get color on the flowers.
3. While these are drying, using the same punch from the Tailored Tag, cut your mats in what ever colors you chose for your flowers. Remember it needs to be 1/8" larger than your punched shape.
4.Once that has dried well, using the same Stampin Write Marker colors, go in and add detail and shading to the images. This takes a bit of time...
5. Using Snail or Fast Fuse, glue the mat to the area of the card you masked off for the mat.
5. With your Whisper White cardstock, stamp the Happy Birthday greeting from Perennial Birthday leaving room to punch it out with the Tailored Tag.
6. After punching these out, add dimensionals to the back and place it centered on your mat on your card front.
7. I used Nuvo Drops to add more dimension to the card adding 5 drops in coordinating colors to the flower colors. You could use enamel dots too.I also added some to the single flower stamped images that have the small black dots in the middle.
8. I cut the card fronts down to 4 x 5 1/4" and glued them with Fast Fuse to the card base that matched the color of the flowers.
9. For that finishing touch, I added clear Glaze Pen to the letters on the sentiment and Wink of Stella to the flowers that did not have the added Nuvo Drops to the centers.
Your are done! You could do this with most any image you have that is large, or you could combine different flowers from other stamp sets and make your own bouquet of flowers just masking the images as needed.
If you have any questions, please just ask...