Deck The Halls - Sampler 5
am partial to this last sample from Stampin' Up headquarters as I like traditional Christmas cards and this one fits the bill.
Let's get started. . .
Whisper White 8.5 x 5.5" scored at 4.25" for a top folding base.
Whisper White 3 x 4.25 and 2 x 2"
Gold Mirror 4 x 5.5"
Be Merry DSP - Red Stripe 4.25 x 5.5"
Cherry Cobbler 1 x 4" strip
1. Cover card base with striped DSP using snail.
2. Using card front die, run it through the Big Shot twice with the Gold Mirror paper to get the frame. Using snail adhere to card front.
3. You will need to either use plain Cherry Cobbler Red Ribbon or you can make the Gold Edged ribbon as follows:
In a small dish, place about 15" of the gold edge White ribbon. Using the Cherry Cobbler Re-inker, add enough drops of ink to soak the ribbon. Next squeeze off the excess ink and let air dry. Once it is dry, adhere the red ribbon in a Z pattern with snail on the card front.
4. Time to Stamp!!!!
5. Ink up the Deck The Halls sentiment with Basic Black and stamp in the center of the 3 x 4.5" Whisper White.
6. Using Old Olive, ink up one of the 3 ornament stamps and stamp on the Whisper White scrap. Run through the Big Shot using the die to cut them out.
7. One at a time alternating ornament stamps, ink with Old Olive and stamp off. Then stamp randomly on the card front on both sides of the sentiment.
8. Using a blender pen or an aqua painter, apply ink to parts of the ornaments to add dimension and depth.
9. Using glue dots add the individual ornaments made in step 6. Be sure to add your stamped string for those too in Old Olive ink.
10. Stamp only the "THE and strips" from the center of the Deck The Halls stamp using Basic Black on the strip of Cherry Cobbler. Adhere using glue dots.
11. Cut a banner end with the Banner Punch or make a fish tail with paper snips.
And now you are done!
I really love how quick and easy these cards are to make and assemble!