It's A Christmas Card Bonanza!!!!!!!!!
o you need some quick and easy Christmas cards? Who doesn't these days right?
The Quilted Christmas Suite and the Every Good Wish stamp set has just what you need to make oodles of cards in no time with just a few basic supplies. These instructions will make 8!!!!
These two cards are a very simple construction.
you need a basic card base that is side folding but you will make it top folding.
Whisper White Base (2) 8.5 x 5.5""
Quilted Christmas DSP Garden Green Stripe 5.25" x 4"
Quilted Christmas DSP Real Red Stripe 5.25" x 4"
Whisper White 3 1/2" square for each sentiment
Let's get ready to stamp and construct!
1. Glue the Red and Green Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) centered on your card base.
2. Stamp in Real Red the Peace Love and Joy sentiment from the Every Good Wish stamp set in the center of the 3 1/2" square of Whisper White. Next stamp around the edges as you like with the added dot stamp. CLEAN your stamps!
3. Stamp in Garden Green the Be Merry sentiment from the Every Good Wish stamp set in the center of the 3 1/2" square of Whisper White. Next stamp around the edges as you like with the added dot stamp. Clean your stamps!
4. Using either Perfect Pearls Spritz or Wink of Stella pen, add shimmer to the entire sentiment piece. Set aside to dry. (If using Wink of Stella - take care to make sure the brush nib is very wet so as not to drag ink into the white from your stamping.)
5. Tie a bow for each card using the Quilted Christmas Ribbon and adhere with a glue dot.
6. On the inside of your card base stamp your sentiment "Warm greetings...." in either Real Red or Garden Green. Or you may leave it blank for more writing space - your choice.
7. When the two large sentiments are dry, tear the edges with a downward tear to ensure the shimmer is covering the entire piece. If you tear up, you will see white cardstock edges that have no shimmer!
8. Add dimensional to the back and adhere to your card front.
One set DONE!!
These two will need Real Red and Garden Green top folding card bases.
Real Red 11" x 4.25" (Score and fold at 5.5")
Garden Green 11" x 4.25" (Score and fold at 5.5")
Whisper White: 5 x 3 3/4" (2)
3 1/2" square (2)
5.25 x 4" (2)
Quilted Christmas Holly Stitch in Red and Green:
3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
1. Make your card bases like before scoring and folding as indicated above.
2. Glue with Snail the Whisper White 5 x 3 3/4" in the center of each card base.
3. Glue on the Real Red base the Garden Green Holly Stitch DSP and on the Green base the Real Red Holly Stitch DSP with snail.
4. On the two 3 1/2" square pieces, just like in the last card, stamp the sentiments from the Every Good Wish stamp set in the center with Garden Green Ink and Real Red Ink alternating the two sentiments and adding the dot stamp around the edges. Add shimmer with Perfect Pearls or use the Wink of Stella once the ink is dry. Let these dry and then tear down around the edges as you like.
5. Add dimensional to the back of the greetings and stick to your card front in the center.
6. With the "Warmest greetings....", in the color of your choice, (red or green) stamp your sentiment. If you are feeling extra stampy - and have a matching green and red marker, color the holly stamp and add it to the sentiment on the inside top left corner!
Two more DONE!
The next two feature a Basic Black card base in a side folding format but we will use it as a top folding card.
Basic Black Base (2) 8.5 x 5.5" (Scored at 4.25" and folded in half)
Green Mirror Board from your stash 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Red Mirror Board from your stash 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Quilted Christmas DSP Garden Green plaid and Real Red plaid 3 1/4 x 4 1/2" (1 each)
Whisper White: 3 1/2" square (2)
4 x 5.25" (2)
From your stash - Metallic Holly Stickers (Hot of The Press)
1. Score and fold your black card bases as indicated above.
2. Glue with snail, one green mirror board and the Garden Green DSP to one card front in the center.
3. Next glue with snail, one red mirror board and the Real Red DSP to the other card front in the center.
4. Stamp the Be Merry and Peace Love and Joy sentiments from the Every Good Wish stamp set alternating in Garden Green and Real Red on the Whisper White squares. Add the dot stamp in the same color ink to both sentiments and let them dry a few minutes.
5. Add Perfect Pearls Spritz or Wink of Stella to those pieces. Once they are dry, tear downward as before.
6. Using dimensional on the back of the sentiment pieces, adhere them to your card fronts in the center.
7. Add as you like the Metallic Holly Stickers from your stash.
8. Glue with snail the Whisper White pieces to the inside of your cards.
9. In alternating ink colors Garden Green and Real Red, stamp your sentiment of choice from the same Every Good Wish stamp set.
Third set DONE!!!!!
For the last set of cards, you will need 2 side folding card bases in Whisper White.
2 - Whisper White: 8.5 x 5.5" (Scored at 4.25")
3 1/2" square (2)
Quilted Christmas Real Red Plaid 3 x 4 1/4"
Quilted Christmas Garden Green Plaid 3 x 4 1/4"
Real Red 4 x 5 1/4"
Garden Green 4 x 5 1/4"
1. Stamp your Be Merry and Peace, Love and Joy sentiments using the Every Good Wish stamp set in alternating Real Red and Garden Green ink on the 3 1/2" square pieces. Add the dot stamp around each sentiment as before. Add shimmer with Perfect Pearls or Wink of Stella. Let dry.
2. Using your Big Shot and the Quilt Top Embossing Folder from the Quilted Christmas Suite, run the red and green cardstock pieces through once each.
3. Glue with snail each mat to the front in the center of the Whisper White card bases.
4. At an angle, next glue with snail, alternating colors, the red and greed plaid DSP pieces.
5. Tearing downward,go around each sentiment piece as before. Add dimensionals to the back and stick as straight as possible to the card in the center.
6. Tie a bow with the red/white ribbon and green ricrac from your stash. You will add the red bow to the red matted card and the green bow to the green matted card with glue dots.
7. Alternating colors, stamp the inside sentiment from the same stamp set - using your choice of stamps in Garden Green and Real Red ink.
TADA - You have now completed 8 Christmas cards!!!!!!!