So a little late for Christmas In July...... Color Your Season!
A s promised, here are a couple of quick cards I made recently with the Color Your Season stamp and die bundle! With a few stamps, die cuts, and papers from the DSP Under The Mistletoe, I was able to create these two great cards!!!
You will need a Whisper White Card base 4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5"
A piece of Crumb Cake 4 x 5.25"
A piece of Real Red for a mat 4.25 x 5.5
A piece of Under The Mistletoe DSP 3.875 x 5.125
A scrap of Old Olive (Card 2)
A scrap of Whisper White for your sentiment and stamping the 2 holly pieces
A scrap of Real Red Glitter Paper
First lets die cut all your pieces.
1. Using the largest die frame, position it in the middle of the Crumb Cake piece and run through your Big Shot. (the inside piece will be used for the second card)
2. Using your Real Red Mat, die cut the bow out of the middle.
3. Using the Glitter Paper, die cut another bow for the second card.
4. Using the Petals and More Thinlet Dies, cut out one of the branch of leaves from a scrap of Old Olive. (second card)
5. On a scrap of Whisper White, using Basic Black or Versafine Onyx Black, Stamp the Merry Christmas from the Color Your Season Stamp Set, twice leaving enough room between to cut them into strips and banner cut the end or punch with Banner Punch. (1 for each card)
5. Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Stamp the holly border twice.
6. Using Old Olive Blends, and Real Red Stampin Write Marker, color the two holly borders (or use the color medium of your choice).
7. Then fussy cut those cutting off the berry like sprigs - too hard!!
8. Using Snail, Fast Fuse or Liquid glue, adhere the plaid DSP to the back of the Crumb Cake mat with the hole.
9. Next adhere that piece to the Real Red mat.
10. Adhere that to the top of the Whisper White cardbase.
11. CAREFULLY, apply liquid glue to the back of the Real Red bow and back it with Real Red Glitter Paper. Allow to dry well, and then fussy cut it out. Add dimensionals and stick it to the top of the frame.
12. Add dimensionals the back of the sentiment and stick in the middle of the frame.
13. Apply liquid glue to the back of the holly borders and stick above and below the sentiment.
14. Add 4 Real Red Enamel dots to the for indentions on the frame.
15. Last I added Crystal Accents to the holly berries for texture.
DONE and on to card #2!!!!
For this card you will need another Whisper White Cardbase 4.5 x 11" scored and folded at 5/5".
Another piece of Under the Mistletoe DSP 4 x 5.25"
A Basic Black mat that is 4.25 x 5.5 "
1. Using Fast Fuse, Snail, or liquid glue, adhere the Crumb Cake innie from the last card, to the middle of the plaid mat.
2. Glue that to the black mat and then glue that to the top of the Whisper White cardbase.
3. Cut the Old Olive leave die, snipping off the top part as shown in the picture.
4. Glue carefully with liquid glue, one end in the bottom left corner and the other in the top right corner. Trim as needed.
5. Carefully using liquid glue, add the glitter bow die to the top of the crumb cake mat.
6. Add dimensionals to the sentiment strip and place in the center on top of the leaf sprigs.
7. Add 4 smaller Real Red enamel dots to the sentiment ends and the top left and bottom right mat indentions.
8. Add Wink of Stella to the sentiment banner.
9. Add Red Stickles to the inside pieces of the leaf sprigs.
You are DONE!! Now you have two cards from a few die cuts and some simple stamping!!!!